Areas of Research
- Standardization of techniques for 14C and 3H measurements in environmental matrices and evaluation of population doses in the vicinity of the PHWR power plant.
- Studies on transfer factors and transfer coefficients for radioactive and non- radioactive elements in the environment with emphasis on transfer to food chain around nuclear facilities and mining regions.
- Baseline studies around proposed nuclear facilities and mining regions.
- Radioecological impact assessment studies around nuclear and thermal power plants.
- Neutron activation analyses of environmental matrices.
- Development of new techniques for radon/thoron measurements and mitigation.
- Use of radionuclides to study the environment– application of 137Cs, 7Be, 210Pb, and 210Po as tracers and chronometer.
- Uranium and thorium series disequilibrium studies.