- Department provides quality education in commerce and also carries on research in the area of Finance, Banking, HR, Marketing, Insurance, EDP, MSMES etc.
- Department offers PG Courses in Commerce and MHRD.
- To facilitate and generate skill and knowledge based employable human resource to face the challenges of competitive world.
- To encourage quality teaching and research
- To undertake consultancy in business organizations
- To impart practical training through industry- institute involvement
- To strengthen alumni association in promoting academic activities.
About the Department
The department of post graduate studies and research in commerce was established in 1969 as a part of PG centre of University of Mysore and became an integral part of Mangalore University since its inception in 1980. The department offers M.Com., MHRD and Ph.D. courses. The department has been continuously engaged in research activities responding to the problems of this region. At the M.Com level four specializations viz. Financial Management and Investment Science, Current Banking and Insurance, Taxation and Human Resource Management and Development are offered. The MHRD course is a super speciality course with major focus on the area of Human Resource Management and Development. The thrust areas of the research are Banking Human Resource Development and Management, Finance, Small Business Management, Marketing and Rural Development. At present there are four recognized research guides in the department guiding 30 research students.
Department of Commerce
Mangalagangotri - 574 199.