Department has organized 26 events so far like special lectures, Conferences, Discussion meetings, seminars, Exhibitions and workshops and one Refresher course in Zoology
Events Organised During 2010-2013.
1. Workshop on Recent Trends in Conservation, on 19.03.2010, under UGC - Special Assistance Programme
2. Workshop on “Biology and Behaviour of Amphibia” on 19th March 2011 under UGC - Special Assistance Programme
3. Workshop on Ecology, Identification & Conservation of Butterflies held on 28th April 2011 part of National Environment Awareness Campaign, 2010-11 in association with Karnataka Rajya Vijnana Parishat under the auspices of Ministry of Environment and Forests, Govt. of India.
4. One day Workshop on “Ornamental Fish Breeding, Diseases and Aquarium maintenance” on 27.03.2012 under UGC - Special Assistance Programme
5. One day Workshop on “Wildlife Photography : Current Trends and Techniques” on 23.03.2013 under UGC - Special Assistance Programme
6. Three day KSTA Special lecture series, during 26th – 28th September 2013. This lecture series was sponsored by Karnataka Science and Technology Academy and Mangalore University.
Events : Conducted during 2014-15
1. Workshop & an Exhibition of Molluscan Shells during 28th February to March 2nd 2014 at Ravindra Kala Bhavan, University College, Mangalore under SAP programme.
2. One day workshop on “Indian cow breeds-Current perspective and conservation programme” under National Environment Awareness Campaign-2013-14 held on 28th November 2014, supported by KRVP, Bangalore.
3. One day workshop on “Biological Diversity Act 2002” held on 31st January 2015 under Karnataka Biodiversity Board.
4. National Conference on Recent Advances in Animal Sciences during 13th to 15th February, 2015, supported by BRNS, DBT & KSTA.