Rules And Regulations
Rules And Regulations
Admission to the Hostel is not a matter of right. It is a facility provided by the University to enable students to pursue their studies better. Submission of application forms shall not be construed as acceptance of admission. The Hostel Warden may refuse admissions without assigning any reasons. The decision of the Hostel Warden in this matter shall be final.
Admission and Residence
1. Boarder by paying Admission fee, a monthly rental, establishment fees, electricity charges and the mess charges.
2. Guest Boarder who can stay for a maximum period of one month with the permission of the warden by paying a daily fee of Rs.150/-inclusive of all charges.
- Only two type of tenures are available in the Hostel.
- Bonafide students of the post graduate departments of Mangalore University selected for admission by the Hostel Warden after applying for the same in the prescribed application form and payment of necessary fees alone are eligible to stay in the Hostel.
- First-time fresh admissions at the third-semester stage will be considered only after all the first semester students have secured admission.
- Continued residence in the hostel will depend on the good behaviour of the resident.
- The residents shall report to the Warden both on joining the hostel and while vacating it.
- The Hostel gates remain closed from 10.30 p.m to 6.00 a.m, and no one shall be allowed to leave the Hostel during this period.
- Hostellers are expected to be inside the Hostel before 10.30 p.m.
- Prior written permission has to be obtained from the warden if any Hosteller wishes to come beyond 10.30 p.m.
- Mess timings shall be strictly adhered to students shall observe these timings strictly.
7.30am to 9.00am
12.30pm to 2.00pm
4.30pm to 6.00pm
8.00pm to 9.30pm
A dividing system is followed with respect to all costs connected to the Hostel. When necessary the University would deem it necessary to go for contract system as far as food is concerned.
Reduction of Mess charges
- Requests for reduction of Mess charges owing to absence shall be entertained only if submitted in PERSON in the prescribed form (available in Hostel Office).
- Requests in the prescribed form shall be submitted to the Hostel Office at least three days prior to the departure on leave.
- Mess charges can be reduced only if the absence from the Hostel is for a period of seven days or more.
- Post-facto applications (after the resident's return) shall not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The residents who have applied for Mess reduction cannot have breakfast on the day of departure and dinner on the day of arrival.
- Reduction in the Mess Bill provided only on the specific conditions stated below, subject to prior application in the prescribed form.
|Not less than 7days,upto 14 days||
Rs.20/-per day reduction
|Not less than 15days upto 30/31 days||
|Less than 7days||
- All those who are admitted to the Hostel shall compulsorily board in the Hostel Mess. All residents shall bring their own plates and glasses for food.
- The Hostel Mess is also open to Guest Boarder.
- Entry into the Hostel Mess is restricted to the Mess Timings. No one shall enter the Mess or kitchen before or after mess time.
- Residents shall follow table etiquette when having food in the Hostel Mess. They should see that no food particles are left on the table.
- Food shall not be carried OUTSIDE THE DINING HALL.
- Residents shall not serve food to non-hostellers.
- Residents shall maintain decorum and good behaviour when interacting with mess and Hostel staff. They shall not argue with them or rebuke them. If there are any complaints, those are to be brought to the notice of the Warden in Writing.
- If the Hostel Mess is closed owing to unavoidable reasons, residents shall make their own arrangements for boarding.
- Residence in the Hostel will depend on the continued good behavior of the student.
- The Hostel warden and the Hostel staff shall have the right to check individual rooms, without prior information.
- Students shall not change rooms allocated to them, except with permission.
- No students is allowed inside the store rooms of the Hostel.
- Students shoud maintain cordial relations with hostel residents, staff and workers.
- Shouting, screaming, unbecoming behavior, playing of loud music are not allowed inside the Hostel premises.
- Anti-social activity of any sort is banned in the Hostel. Students indulging in such activities will be met with disciplinary action.
- Habitual late comers entering the Hostel premises late, on flimsy reasons, will be rusticated from the Hostel.
- Habitual offenders during the current year and/or previous year shall not be eligible for positions of responsibility within the Hostel, such as Hostel secretary, mess secretary, cultural secretary, wing leader etc.
- Smoking, use of narcotic drugs and/or alcoholic drinks are prohibited in the hostel premises. Contraband materials such as fire arms, narcotics, alcohol, tobacco, etc. is not allowed inside the Hostel.
- Residents shall not convene any meeting and no subscription of any kind shall be collected without the permission of the Warden.
- Electrical appliances such as tape recorders, water immersion coil heaters, gas stoves, iron boxes, hotplates, etc..are not alllowed inside the rooms.
- Residents are not permitted to boil water or cook food inside the rooms.
- Sticking of posters and writing on the walls and cupboards are forbidden.
- Parking vehicles inside the Hostel and in front of the Hostel gates are prohibited.
- Ragging, Bullying, teasing and such similar forms of behaviour are criminal activities, and are completely banned in the Hostel.