Rules And Regulations
Rules And Regulations
Priority will be given to Working Women. Students will be alloted rooms only if there are vacant rooms in the Working Women's Hostel.
Admission to the Hostel is not a matter of right. It is a facility provided by the University to enable students to pursue their studies better. Submission of application forms shall not be construed as acceptance of admission. The Hostel Warden may refuse admissions without assigning any reasons. The decision of the Hostel Warden in this matter shall be final.
Admission and Residence
1.Full Boarder by paying Admission fee, a monthly rental, establishment fees, electricity charges and the mess charges.
2. Guest Boarder who can stay for a maximum period of one month with the permission of the warden by paying a daily fee of Rs.150/-inclusive of all charges. The stay is permitted provided such women abide by the rules of the Hostel.
3. Working Women can claim a working status, but who are unable to produce a bonafide certificate of work from their employer, could stay in the Hostel by paying a daily fee of Rs.150/- inclusive of all charges. The stay is permitted provided such women abide by the rules of the Hostel.
- Only three type of tenures are available in the Hostel.
- Bonafide working women, who get a certificate of work from their institution and students of the post graduate departments of Mangalore University selected for admission by the Hostel Warden after applying for the same in the prescribed application form and payment of necessary fees alone are eligible to stay in the Hostel.
- First-time fresh admissions at the third-semester stage will be considered only after all the first semester students have secured admission.
- Continued residence in the Hostel will depend on the good behaviour of the resident.
- The residents shall report to the Warden both on joining the Hostel and while vacating it.
- The Hostel gates remain closed from 7.30 p.m to 6.00 a.m, and no one shall be allowed to leave the Hostel during this period.
- Hostellers are expected to be inside the Hostel before 7.30 p.m.
- Prior written permission has to be obtained from the warden if any Hosteller wishes to come beyond 7.30 p.m.
- Mess timings shall be strictly adhered to students shall observe these timings strictly.
- All late comers have to record their entry in the Late book.
- Residents who wish to be away from the Hostel overnight shall inform the Hostel Office in writing and by making an entry in the gate book.
7.30am to 9.00am
12.30pm to 2.00pm
4.30pm to 6.00pm
7.30pm to 9.00pm
A dividing system is followed with respect to all costs connected to the Hostel. When necessary the University would deem it necessary to go for contract system as far as food is concerned.
- The Electricity Bill will be divided among all the residents equally.
Reduction of Mess charges
- Requests for reduction of Mess charges owing to absence shall be entertained only if submitted in PERSON in the prescribed form (available in Hostel Office).
- Requests in the prescribed form shall be submitted to the Hostel Office at least three days prior to the departure on leave.
- Mess charges can be reduced only if the absence from the Hostel is for a period of seven days or more.
- Post-facto applications (after the resident's return) shall not be accepted under any circumstances.
- The residents who have applied for Mess reduction cannot have breakfast on the day of departure and dinner on the day of arrival.
- Reduction in the Mess Bill provided only on the specific conditions stated below, subject to prior application in the prescribed form.
|Not less than 7days, upto 14 days||
Rs.20/-per day reduction
|Not less than 15days upto 30/31 days||
|Less than 7days||
- All those who are admitted to the Hostel shall compulsarily board in the Hostel Mess. All residents shall bring their own plates and glasses for food.
- The Hostel Mess is also open to Guest Boarder.
- Entry into the Hostel Mess is restricted to the Mess Timings. No one shall enter the Mess or kitchen before or after mess time.
- Residents shall follow table etiquette when having food in the Hostel Mess. They should see that no food particles are left on the table.
- Food shall not be carried OUTSIDE THE DINING HALL.
- Residents shall not serve food to non - hostellers.
- Residents shall maintain decorum and good behaviour when interacting with mess and Hostel staff. They shall not argue with them or rebuke them. If there are any complaints, those are to be brought to the notice of the Warden in Writing.
- If the Hostel Mess is closed owing to unavoidable reasons, residents shall make their own arrangements for boarding.
Guest Room Rules
- An innovative feature of this Hostel is the Guest room. This is well- furnished,with an attached bathroom.
- The Guest room is reserved for mothers/sisters or women faculty who may wish to stay for a day or two in the Hostel.
- Guests may stay with the prior permisssion of the Warden, on payment of Guest charges.
- If the room is booked, the Hostel has no liability to offer Guest accommodation.
- The Hostel reserves the right to reject applications for guest accomodation, without assigning any reason. The Guest Room is alloted at the sole discretion of the Warden.
- Guest charges have to be paid in advance for the specified period.
Rules for visitors
- Entry ino Hostel premises is restricted.Categories of persons eligible to enterhave been specified. All entry into Hostel premises has to be recorded in the visitor's Entry book. No visitors are allowed beyond visitor's room near the Hostel gate in any circumstances.
- Hostellers shall not bring their friends or day scholars inside the Hostel premises.
- All visitors other than parents, sisters, aunts, brothers and even cousins, uncles and so-on shall enter their names in the visitor's register available with Hostel security staff at the Hostel gate.
- Overnight stay of mothers/sisters and women day scholars is allowed only with prior approval of the warden on payment of guest charges.
- Hostellers who go out of the University campus shall record details in the Hostel gate book.
- Standing infront of the hostel gate and speaking to visitors is prohibited.
- Parking vehicles in front of the Hostel gate is prohibited.
- Residence in the Hostel will depend on the continued good behavior of the student.
- The Hostel warden and the Hostel staff shall have the right to check individual rooms, without prior information.
- Students shall not change rooms allocated to them except with permission.
- No students is allowed inside the store room of the Hostel.
- Students shoud maintain cordinal relations with hostel residents, staff and workers.
- Shouting, screaming, unbecoming behavior, playing of loud music are not allowed inside the Hostel premises.
- Anti-social activity of any sort is banned in the Hostel. Students indulging in such activities will be met with disciplinary actions.
- Habitual late comers entering the hostel premises late, on flimsy reasons, will be rusticated from the Hostel.
- Habitual offenders during the current year and/or previous year shall not be eligible for positions of responsibility within the Hostel, such as Hostel secretary, mess secretary, cultural secretary, wing leader etc.
- Dress decorum has to be strictly observed. While the Hostel would encourage students to look good, it draws line at wearing of revealing attire in the messhall and common areas. Going out of the Hostel in such attire, or wearing night dresses, is also not allowed. Students who violate this rule will face disciplinary action.
- Smoking, use of narcotic drugs and/or alcoholic drinks are prohibited in the Hostel premises. Contraband materials such as fire arms, narcotics, alcohol, tobacco, etc. is not allowed inside the Hostel.
- Residents shall not convene any meeting and no subscription of any kind shall be collected without the permission of the warden.
- Electrical appliances such as tape recorders, water immersion coil heaters, gas stoves, iron boxes, hotplates,etc..are not alllowed inside the rooms.
- Residents are not permitted to boil water or cook food inside the rooms.
- Sticking of posters and writing on the walls and cupboards are forbidden.
- Ragging, Bullying, teasing and such similar forms of behaviour are criminal activities, and are completely banned in the Hostel.