Department of Post Graduate Studies in Commerce
- To facilitate and generate skill and knowledge based employable human resource to face the challenges of competitive world.
- To encourage quality teaching and research
- To undertake consultancy in business organizations
- To impart practical training through industry- institute involvement
- To strengthen alumni association in promoting academic activities
About the Department
The Department of Commerce was established at Post Graduate Centre of Mangalore University, Chikka Aluvara, Somwarpettaluk of Kodagu district in 2014-15. Initially 30 students were admitted and this increased to 52 in the year 2015-16.
The Department offers a Masters Degree in Commerce. At present itoffers two streams of Specialization:
a) Financial Management & Investment Science