The Mandate of CARER
- To conduct advanced research studies in environmental radioactivity, radiation protection, and radioecology of national importance.
- To collaborate with other institutions and evolve regional coordinated research projects on radioecology and radiation protection, which are of interest to BRNS, DAE, BARC, and NPCIL and ensure generation of quality data from all project partners.
- To extend advanced facilities to the teaching programmes of Mangalore University and other institutions.
- To focus on generating trained human resources in areas of low level radioactivity measurements and radiation protection through frequent training programmes and vacation courses.
- To help industries by testing products and issuing necessary certificates, as per the requirement of the Bureau of Indian Standards.