In pursuance of the National Action plan of NAAC for performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality upgradation of institutions of higher education, the IQAC was established in the year 2010. As per the spirit of NAAC guidelines, the IQAC has been striving for internalization and institutionalization of quality enhancement. It is working as a facilitative and participative voluntary system of the University. The IQAC has set itself the objectives shown below:
- Ensuring timely, efficient and progressive academic, administrative and financial tasks.
- Monitoring the relevance and quality of academic and research programmes.
- Equitable access to and affordability of academic programmes for various sections of society.
- Optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning
- The credibility of evaluation procedures.
- Ensuring the adequacy, maintenance and functioning of support structures and services.
- Research sharing and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
- Development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters for the various academic and administrative activities of the institutions.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops and seminars on quality related themes.
- Documentation of various programmes /activities leading to quality improvement.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality related activities.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report (AQAR) to be submitted to NAAC based on the quality parameters.
- Development and maintenance of Institutional data base through MIS.
- Development of quality culture in the institution.