You are here
Activities & Programs
Departmental activities and programs organized so far (subject associations, periodic special programs/seminars/ conferences/ workshops/ symposia.Etc.).
- A workshopon “Recent advancements in Earth, Atmosphere, Ocean Sciences for societal benefits” during the 39th Indian Social Science Congress, from 1st to 5th, December 2015.
- Global Initiative of Academic Network (GIAN) was conducted in the department from 21 November, 2016 to 6 December, 2016 on “Integrated Marine Biogeochemistry: Insights”.Prof. Subba Rao V. Durvasula, University of New Mexico, 12805 Avelar Creek Drive, River View, Florida, 33578, United States of America was the International Faculty and Prof. K S Jayappa and Prof. B R Manjunatha delivered lectures.
- An invited talk on “Oxygen Deficiency in the Oceanic Water Column”by one of the world's renowned oceanographer Dr. SWA Naqvi FNASc, FASc, FNA, FTWAS, Director, CSIR-National Institute of Oceanography, Goa on 16th February 2016.
- A special lecture on “The science of climate change” by Dr. J. Srinivasan, Scientist, Divecha Centre for Climate Change and Honorary Professor, Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru during the Earth Day Fest- on 25th April 2017.
- A talk on “The co-evolution of life and Earth-Snowball Earth, the Cambrian Explosion and the Origin of Animals” was delivered by Prof. Paul Smith, Director of Oxford University Museum of Natural History, Great Brittan on 2nd March, 2018.
- World water day on 22nd March 2018, Prof. K N Lokesh, Head, Dept. of Civil Engineering, NITK, Surathkal has delivered a lecture on “World water day”.
- Earth day on 25th April 2018. Prof. C. Krishnaiah, Rtd. Professor. Dept. of Marine Geology, Mangalore University delivered a lecture on “Earth and its Environment”. Anessay and painting competition on mother Earth was conducted for the students including school children.
- Global Initiative of Academic Networks (GIAN) on “Managing coastal systems, a biogeochemical perspective ” at Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri from September 24 to 28, 2018. Professor Tim Jickells from University of East Anglia Great Brittan was invited from Great Brittan to conduct the GIAN course and Prof. B R Manjunatha delivered a talk on “radionuclides in marine environment”.
- World water day on 22ndMarch 2019, Shri. Shree Padre, Development Journalist, Kasaragod has delivered a special lecture on “World water day”.
- Two days workshop on “Applications of Granulometric parameters in sedimentology” in association with Geological Survey of India (GSI), Marine and Coastal Survey Division, Mangalore on 10thand 11th April, 2019.
- Earth day on 25th April 2019.Dr. Maran DDG, GSI, Mangalore has delivered a lecture on “Mother Earth”.An essay competition and quiz competition on mother earth was conducted for students.
- One day workshop on “Rainwater harvesting under village adoption Program”. Dr. K. Mohammed Nazeeb, Retired Geologist, Central Ground Water Board, Bangalore inaugurated the workshop and Prof. H. Gangadhara Bhat, delivered a talk. The students of Vishwamangala School and public from Konaje and its neighbouring villages participated in the workshop held on 30th December 2019.