Chair in Rural Banking and Management
- The Centre conducts quality research in the area of Rural Banking, Management and Allied areas.
- To develop Courses in the above areas at a diploma or post graduate level.
- To encourage quality research.
- To undertake consultancy in Rural Development and Community Participation.
- To impart practical training to rural people.
About the Centre
The chair in Rural banking and Management, Jointly sponsored by Syndicate Bank and Canara Bank has been in existence in Mangalore University since March 30. 1995. The endowment contribution by Canara Bank and Syndicate Bank is Rs10 lakh each. The chair has been functioning with the help of the interest accrued on the endowment.