Chemistry Department Facilities
Facilities available in the Department
Glass Blowing Unit
The department has 5 M.Sc Laboratories and 8 Research Laboratories.
Nature & type of research
The Department has active research groups in the areas of Environmental Chemistry, Chemical Dynamics, Structural Chemistry, Heterocyclic and structural Chemistry, Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry, Nanoscience, Peptide Chemistry, Liquid Crystals, Drug Discovery, Analytical, Co-ordination and organometallic chemistry. It also has MOU with NPC Kaiga etc., and extended several research projects with grants from funding agencies namely, UGC, BRNS and DST etc.
The thrust areas of research:
- Analytical Chemistry- to develop new techniques and reagents
- Structural and Coordination Chemistry
- Physical Organic Chemistry – Reaction dynamics and mechanisms
- Synthetic and Heterocyclic Chemistry
- Bio-organic and Medicinal Chemistry
- Solvation Dynamics and Corrosion
- Environmental and Water Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Organometallic Chemistry
- Green Synthetic Techniques and Catalysis
- Liquid Crystals
- Drug Discovery
- Peptide Chemistry
Recognized Research Centres:
- Centre for Nano Science & Soft Matter Research (CNSMR), Bangalore
- Centre for Marine Fisheries Research Institute(CMFRI), Cochin
- BRIT, Mumbai
- St. Agnes Collge, Mangalore
- St. Aloysius College, Mangalore
- S. D. M. College, Ujire
Industries which visit the Dept for campus placements
- Adani Wilmar Ltd., Mangalore
- Anthem Biosciences Pvt. Ltd., Bangalore
- Arkgen PharmaPvt., Ltd
- Aron Universal Ltd., Bangalore
- Auriga Research Pvt. Ltd.
- Aurigene Discovery Technologies Ltd.
- BASF India Ltd.
- CAMPCO Ltd., Puttur
- Cardolite Speciality Chemicals India Pvt. Ltd.
- CARER, MU, Mangalagangothri
- Chemlife Innovations Pvt. Ltd.
- Hindustan Insecticides Ltd., Kerala
- Jubilant Organosys Ltd., Nanjanagud
- KIOCL, Panambur, Mangalore
- Laboratories Daffodil
- Lake Chemicals Pvt., Ltd., Bangalore
- MCF, Panambur, Mangalore
- Microlab Ltd., Bangalore
- Mylan Laboratories Ltd., Bangalore
- NITK, Surathkal, Mangalore
- One Earth Enviro Labs, Mangalore
- Petropath Fluids India Ltd., Bangalore
- Sequent Scientific Ltd., Mangalore
- SIGMA, ALDRICH, Bangalore
- Syngene International Limited, Bangalore
- Syngenta Biosciences Pvt., Ltd., Goa
|Research papers Published
(in Journals of Impact factor 0.35 to 3.895)
|Citation index of One of the Articles||531|
|Contributions from the Dept helped in getting a grant of||Rs. 9 crores from DST-Purse|