Facilities provided in the Department
- General Instrumentation room
- Cyber lab
- Animal Tissue culture lab
- Departmental library
- Animal house
Major Equipments in the Department
- Fluorescent microscope
- Gel documentation system
- Temperature graded PCR
- UV-VIS spectro photometer
- Orbital shaker
- Double distillation unit
- CO2 incubator
- Western blot unit with power pack
- Electrophoresis unit
- Ice machine etc.
Nature & type of research: Research Areas
- Biodiversity & Conservation
- Genetic Toxicology
- Cancer Biology
- Radiation Biology
- Fishery Biology
- Population Genetics and Cytogenetics
Achievements by the students of the department :
- Research scholars of the Department have got best paper award at National Seminars/Conferences.
- M.Sc. students are recipient of KSTA student fellowship.
- M.Sc. students have won prizes at KSTA Lecture series quiz competition.
- More than 20 students have cleared UGC-CSIR, NET/GATE/KSET examination in the last 5 years.