Facilities & Labaratories
Facilities & Laboratories
The USIC has a Central Analytical Facility consisting of following sophisticated instruments to cater to the needs of researchers in the University and other users from Colleges, Institutes and Industries:
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectrometer (FTIR)
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer with Graphite Furnace (AAS)
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- Ultra-Pure Water Purification System
- Electrical/Electronic Workshop: The workshop consists of Analog/Digital IC Testers, Oscilloscopes, Signal Generators, LCRQ Meter, Power Supplies, Analog/Digital Multimeters etc. Repairing and servicing of all types of electrical /electronic and analytical instruments are undertaken in this workshop.
- Mechanical Workshop: Mechanical workshop consists of machines such as Lathe, Cutting, Bending, Grinding and Drilling machines and necessary tools. Designing and fabrication of mechanical gadgets required for research and teaching are undertaken in the workshop.
- Air Conditioning/Refrigeration Workshop: The workshop contains necessary tools and equipment required for repairing and servicing of Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Cooling Incubators and Centrifuges, Cold Storage Facilities and other refrigeration related instruments. Repairing and servicing of AC machines and refrigeration related instruments used in teaching and research are undertaken in the workshop.