Facilities provided in the Department:
- The department has its own independent Computer Laboratory since 2003 with Internet Connectivity with 20 computers. Further, the new computers with more configurations are being added on a continuous basis. The Laboratory is equipped with 10KV UPS.
- To conduct Practicals in classification and cataloguing the department is equipped with the Latest Editions of Classification schemes (DDC and UDC) and cataloguing rules/codes (AACR – II).
- Library and Information Centre is a laboratory for Library and Information Science students. The Mangalore University Library is well equipped with Print and E-Resources organized on Modern Lines. The students work in the University Library as a Practice to fulfill the partial requirement to complete their M.L.I.Sc. degree course.
- Online and Offline resources, Computing, Internet training with latest library software facilities.
- The department has two specious class rooms with adequate functional furniture and also DLP, OHP facilities etc.