The Health Centre of Mangalore University was started in the year 1980. The centre provided regular and emergency treatment to the patients round the Clock. A Laboratory has been set up in the Health Centre where basic blood tests and urine tests are conducted as per the doctor's advice.
Members of the staff:
||Dr. Patric D’Souza
|Lady Medical Officer
||Dr. Padma V Shetty
||Mr. K Nagaraja Rao
||Mrs. Millicent Laveen Sylas
Health Centre provides good and prompt service to the students, teaching, Non-teaching staff members of Mangalore University and to their dependents. The centre in addition to treatment for diseases, emergency treatments, counseling and laboratory services. The facility of Health Centre is funded by University.
- Out patients consultation and treatment
- Free blood and urine investigation
- Free service to all the students, teaching staff, Non-teaching staff and to their dependents.
- Laboratory investigation done for all necessary cases.
- A preliminary health checkup of all students of University Hostels is done at the beginning of academic year. Height, weight, Blood group and hemoglobin checkup is done and if necessary treatment is advised.
A Dental unit run by K S Hegde Dental college, Deralakatte ahs been set up at the Health Centre where basic dental treatment is provided to patients for nomial charges.
In case of emergency and severe health problems the patients are referred to University recognized hospitals for further treatment and medical re imbursement facilities are provided to all the permanent employees of the University.
Working hours of the Hospital:
- Morning : 9.15 a.m. to 12.15 Noon
- Afternoon : 2.15 p.m. to 5.15 p.m.