Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Tulu Chair
Tulu Chair is functioning as a Core Study & information Centre for the local & foreign Scholars. It is also a research study Centre for Research scholars & Folklore students of Karnataka and other states. Also provides Xerox copies of rare books for the needy. The Finnish India Research Centre, Established in Tulu chair, is Functioning as a Resource Centre for the research in the field of World Oral Epics. The rare books and other recorded materials on Oral Epics are preserved at this Centre.
About the Centre
Year of Establishment - 1992.
- To promote Tulu Language and Culture.
- To establish a cultural Museum Depicting the Historical, Social and Cultural features of Tulunadu in Dakshina Kannada.
- Interaction with Dravidian studies elsewhere.
- Project to be undertaken.
- Collection of Tulu Folk Literature.
- Study of Castes and Tribes of Tuluva
- Organising Lectures/ Seminars/ Symposium in Tulu studies every year.
- Publication of Research Papers/ Monographs/ Dissertations in Tulu.
- Collection and Publication of Tulu manuscripts and Tulu works of Research value.
- To bring out serial publication regarding Tulu studies and activities.
- Safeguarding Tulu Folk Arts and Folk Artists in Collaboration with State Government, Karnataka State Folklore Academy and other agencies and Honouring Folk Artists scholars.
- Any other related programme and project which help in the development of Tulu Language and Culture.