Achievements by the students of the department
1) Field study of Malekudiya Tribal Community in Subrahmanya, Sullia Taluk
2) Social and Environmental Problems in and Around Vamanjoor
3) Ira Grama Panchayat : A Case Study
4) Report on the Sociological Study of Aged in Old Age Home
5) Paura Karmikas’ Socio-Economic Status in Mangalore City Corporation
6) Role of SHG’s in Women’s Empowerment: A Case Study
7) A Study at Ave Maria Center for Treatment of Cancer Patients
8) Role of Jana Shikshana Trust in Empowering Female Elected Representative of Grama Panchayat through the Sugrama Yojana
9) Study of Soliga Tribal Community in Dubbare, Kodagu Taluk
10) Active participation in sports and cultural activities.
11) Won third place in the Inter college debate competition organized by the Mangalore University (2011-12).
12) Won Second place in the Annual Inter Departmental Athletic meet in female organized by the Mangalore University (2014-15).
13) Representation in academic and administrative bodies.
14)Threetha, recipient of Prizes in Bharathanatyam.
15) Jagadeesh, Secretary of the Student Welfare Council, Mangalore University, 2011-12.
16) Geetha, Sports representative of the Student Welfare Council, Mangalore University, 2011-12.
17) Sumitra H.V. Cultural Secretary of the Student Welfare Council, Mangalore University, 2012-13.
18) Sumitra H.V., Student Nominated Member of SPARSH (Sensitization, Prevention and Redressal of Sexual Harassment) in Mangalore University 2012-13.
19) Vimochana Devadasi Punarvasathi Sanga Athni Gold Medal for the candidate who secures highest marks in M.A. Sociology.
20) PhD scholarships covered under the University Fellowship Programme, Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship Programme and Free-ship Programme for Minorities
21) Almost every year students are qualified in UGC NET/SLET exams.