Course Intake and Details
- M.L.I.Sc. (Master of Library and Information Science).
- M.L.I.Sc. in Library and Information Science
- First Semester:
- Foundations of Library and Information Science
- Information Processing: Classification (Theory)
- Information Processing: Cataloguing (Theory)
- Information Technology–I (Theory)
- Information Processing: DDC (Practice)
- Information Processing (AACR latest edition) (Practice)
- Second Semester:
- Research Methodology
- Information Sources
- Management of Libraries and Information Centres-I
- Information Technology – II (Theory)
- Information Processing: UDC (Practice)
- Information Technology–I (Practice)
- Third Semester:
- Reference Sources and Services
- Information Services
- Management of Libraries and Information Centres-II
- Information Technology – III (Theory)
- Academic Library System
- Information Technology – II (Practice)
- Work Experience and Library Tour
- Fourth Semester
- Conservation and Preservation of Information Resources
- Management Information Systems (MIS)
- Information Retrieval
- Information Technology–IV (Theory)
- Information Processing: AACR–Non Book Materials (Practice)
Full time/Part time:
Research leading to Ph.D. degree in Library and Information Science.
||Two Years (Four Semesters)||
Candidates who have passed any Bachelor's degree of Mangalore University or any other University, considered as equivalent thereto, are eligible for the admission to the 1st year of M.L.I.Sc. course provided they have secured a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST/Category-1 Candidates) marks in aggregate including languages and group III subjects.
Candidates who have passed the B.Sc., Bd. Degree examination (Regional College Scheme) are eligible for the Programmes in the Faculty of Science, provided they have secured a minimum of 45% (40% for SC/ST/Category-I Candidates) marks in relevant subject and fulfil other conditions specified above for the relevant subject.
|Ph.D.||As per University Regulation||Minimum Two/Three Years and maximum five/six years for full-time and part-time research respectively.||
A candidate who has obtained any Master’s Degree of Mangalore University or any other University considered as equivalent thereto with a minimum of 55% (50% for SC/ST/Cat-I candidates and Physically challenged candidates) marks in aggregate or equivalent grade is eligible to register for the Ph.D. programme.
The teachers employed in University / Affiliated Colleges before 31.03.1992 and are continuing in service on a regular basis and desirous of registering for the Ph.D. Programme shall be permitted for registration, if they have a minimum of 50% marks at the Master’s Degree course.