History of the History Department
- Department of Studies in History came into existence in 1981.
- This department offers Ph.D programme also.
- At present there are 5 faculty members (4 Professors and 1 Associate professor).
- It teaches very innovative courses bringing in the utmost advances in the discipline.
- It contributes to the improvement of the syllabi and teaching at the under graduate level and in Distant mode of Education.
- A few major research projects funded by various agencies,- ICHR, New Delhi; UGC, etc. have been completed.
- Some Faculty have worked in different Universities of U.K. under Commonwealth Fellowship and Scholarship Plan (CFSP) on their post-doctoral projects.