Library Information Science
The Department of Library and Information Science was established in the year 1982. It has conducted one-year Bachelor of Library and Information Science (B.L.I.Sc.) course from 1982 to 1996 and one year Master of Library and Information Science (M.L.I.Sc.) course from 1990 to 1997. An integrated two-year M.L.I.Sc. course was introduced in 1996. The Department also offers doctoral (Ph.D.) programme; and has so far produced 34 (Thirty four) doctorates. It has been continuously revising and updating the syllabus incorporating the latest and recent trends in the thrust area of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Information Technology, E-Resources and Services in the discipline of Library and Information Science from time to time.
To Prepare Library and Information Professionals who meet the challenges of contemporary librarianship in the knowledge society of Networked Era.
About the Department
- One year B.L.I.Sc. course from 1982 to 1996
- One year M.L.I.Sc. course from 1990 to 1997
- Integrated two year M.L.I.Sc. course from 1996
- Ph.D. programmes
- Due emphasis on preparing LIS professionals to manage libraries and information centres on modern lines.
- Interdisciplinary approach
- Expert teaching
- Computer lab
- Competent library back-up and support
- Remedial coaching, Counseling
- Outreach programmes
Department of Library and information Science
Mangalagangotri - 574 199.