Other Backward Class (OBC) Cell
Constitution of Other Backward Class Cell
Special Cell for the welfare of Other Backward Classes(OBC) including minorities:
Mangalore University established OBC cell in 2005.
- To collect reports and information regarding the Government of India and the UGC orders on various aspects of education, training and employment of OBC.
- To circulate Government of India orders and UGC’s decisions and to collect information in respect of appointing, training these communities in teaching and non-teaching posts in the University. To help them apply for post within the University a stipulated date and take follow up action where required.
- To collect statistics on OBC students and employees.
- To monitor the working of the remedial coaching scheme in the University for OBC students including minority students.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal cell for the Grievances of OBC students including minority students and employees.