You are here
Wi-Fi Usage Guidelines:
- Wi-Fi usage is available to students, research scholars and staff of the University.
- Wi-Fi usage is meant for mobile devices such as Laptop, Tablet and Smartphone. Wi-Fi is not available for fixed desktop devices, as they are provided wired access to internet.
- Each user is allowed to access Wi-Fi using only one mobile device and the same has to be registered once with the Computer Centre. Separate registration form is available for Staff, Students and Rsearch Scholar.
- Each user shall present the mobile device along with the duly filled in registration form, for device registration.
- After the Registration, Users’ credentials such as username, password shall be emailed to the user.
- User can avail Wi-Fi facility using only registered devices and with the allotted user credentials.
- Wi-Fi access is through a shared medium (air) and performance may vary as it is affected by several dynamic parameters.
- Registration for students is valid for three months and needs to be re-registered for continuing usage.
- Registration for research scholar is valid for six months and needs to be re-registered for continuing usage.
- Re-registration request can be submitted in plain paper forwarded through Chairman/Head of the Department.
- Please contact Computer Centre for any assistance and / clarification regarding Wi-Fi usage.
- Blank registration forms may downloaded from www.mangaloreuniversity.ac.in/wifi
- In case the Registered Device is lost, please inform the Computer Centre immediately.
Download the following Registration Form and submit it to Computer Centre to access the WiFi facility: